UK Spousal and Fiancé Visas
Are you married or engaged to a Non-EU National? Would you like to bring your spouse / fiancé to the United Kingdom? The UK has strict requirements for bring your spouse or fiancé over. There are 5 requirements to be met:
- General suitability. Are there any mitigating circumstances why your spouse / fiancé shouldn’t be admitted to the UK? Does he/she have a criminal record or prior convictions? Are they someone of good character? Has he / she overstayed a previous visa or been deported from any country
- Financial Suitability – To bring your Non-EU spouse / fiancé over to the UK there is a minimum financial requirement of the UK Citizen / Settled person to earn £18,600 per year. Do you meet this criteria or do you fall into the exceptions? There are additional financial requirements when bringing children over.
- English Language Ability – Can your spouse / fiancé speak English? Have they taken the TOEFL (Test of English Foreign Language?) Were they raised in a country that majorly speaks English?
- Accommodation requirements – Is your home suitable for your spouse / fiancé and his / her children? Is there an overcrowding issue in your home? Do you own your home or do you have permission from your landlord that your spouse / fiancé can live with you?
- Genuine Relationship – Is your relationship with your spouse / fiancé genuine? Can you prove that you have a relationship of genuine love and affection?
See our blog article, Spousal and Fiance Visas
There are many steps in apply for a spousal or fiancé visa. We can make an application on your behalf to the Home Office. We can appeal a previous failed application. Contact us for a consultation: +44 (0)2078594274 or email@example.com.